lunatic fringe wrestling
Definition of LUNATIC FRINGE : the members of a usually political or social movement espousing extreme, eccentric, or fanatical views.
This is what we are. We believe Wrestling is both a family sport and a blue collar sport, ie. you shouldn't have to pay an arm and a leg to do it.
While many BJJ dojos are sprouting up charging hundreds of dollars a month all over the Orange County, there are virtually no "Wrestling Only" venues. Wrestling's culture is being absorbed into BJJ, MMA and other martial arts which is not necessarily good for Wrestling.
We are not the same as BJJ, Judo or MMA so why are we falling into their program? We are the word's oldest sport, our sport has never been driven by money or wealth and we deserve better.
Wrestling enrollment numbers in high school have been declining six (6) years in a row at last count.
So why not create an organization and environment where wrestling families can work out together? Why is it only BJJ and Judo can do this? We say that's RUBBISH!! We are going to rebuild wrestling numbers one family at a time before it's lost and dropped by every high school in OC.
OCG is changing this by helping to not only assist existing WRESTLING FAMILIES but create new WRESTLING FAMILIES. We provide a safe, fun and dynamic environment where off-season high school, ex-collegiate and ex-high school and college wrestlers can bring their wives, children and themselves to one place to work out with other wrestlers. While your sons and daughters are working out why not get your own wrestling work out in?
All we ask is two things from our wrestlers.
1. Warm-up fully before going "live".
2. Fill-out both our Waivers on www.oc-grappling.org/forms/ and email them in PDF Format to email@example.com and turn in the originals to your Program Director or Coach.
3. To Sign-Up for our Adult Wrestling Program, click here.
Practice TIMES & LOCATION
Practices are at 6:00PM to 8:00PM at Santa Ana High School Boys Wrestling Room, 520 W. Walnut St., Santa Ana CA, 92701. The Wrestling Room is in the center of campus just north east of the main gym.
We also run practices periodically on Saturdays in the morning from 9:00AM to 10:30AM, conduct or participate in technique clinics and compete in USA Wrestling, SCWAY and AAU tournaments.
Costs To JOIN "Lunatic Fringe" Adult Wrestling
Clinics * Live Wrestling * Drilling * Technique * Strategy * Tournaments
Folkstyle * Freestyle * Greco-Roman Wrestling
"We strongly urge you to join if you plan on coming more than twice a quarter..."
- Orange County, Beach Cities, Santa Ana City Residents (CLICK HERE) to sign-up. All enrollment is done on a quarterly basis. We do not offer month-to-month programming. The newest quarter is SPRING and starts on April 1st, 2018. See OPTIONS 1-6 for youth, teens, high school wrestlers and OPTIONS 7-8 for adults on the sign-up page
- Drop-In (per person) Cost: $5.00 per visit after 2nd free visit. Before first visit must also fill-out all Waivers and Forms 1-2 (CLICK HERE) if not previously turned in and on file. This applies to all visiting wrestlers excluding Santa Ana College and Santa Ana High School, except on "OPEN MAT" nights. OPEN MAT nights are free of charge.
- Local & Visiting HS Wrestling Coaches & Assistant Coaches - $20.00 per quarter. You will receive a complimentary OCG Tee Shirt just give us your size. See OPTION 9 on the sign-up page.
- Current Santa Ana College "DONS" Wrestlers (each wrestler must be verified by DONS Coaching Staff ) - This program is FREE but need to buy an OCG Rash Guard ($20.00 if ordered & paid for by 3/29/18 after that date price increases to $30.00). Must fill-out all Waivers and Forms 1-4 (CLICK HERE). See OPTION 10 on the sign-up page.
- Current Santa Ana High School "SAINT" Wrestlers - FREE but need to buy an OCG Rash Guard ($20.00 if ordered & paid for by 3/29/18 after that date price increases to $30.00). Must fill-out all Waivers and Forms 1-4 (CLICK HERE). See OPTION 11 on the sign-up page. Also, SAINTS Wrestlers may be asked to help at a tournament or clinic or fundraiser once a quarter. Ex-SAINT Wrestlers may apply for scholarship to attend for FREE but will need to fill-out Scholarship Form on website here. See program director as soon as possible. Ex-SAINT Wrestlers may be asked to help at a tournament or clinic or fundraiser once a quarter.